Goose Creek Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a car accident in Goose Creek, South Carolina, you need an experienced attorney to protect your rights. Insurance companies are notorious for devaluing and denying valid claims, in fact, their entire business model is based around doing just that.
At Mickelsen Dalton, our car accident attorneys can level the playing field. We focus our practice solely on fighting for injury victims and getting the compensation that they deserve. Don’t let an insurance company take advantage of you, call for a free consultation today.
How We Can Help
Our Goose Creek personal injury attorneys will listen to your story and, if you choose us to represent you, begin working on your behalf immediately. We will investigate the accident, collect important evidence, and handle all communication with the insurance company. With Mickelsen Dalton by your side, you can focus on recovering from your injuries, while we handle your car accident claim.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Car Accident in South Carolina?
South Carolina’s statute of limitations allows victims of car accidents three years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit against the defendant. However, if the defendant is a government entity, you have two years to file your claim.
It’s best to speak with an experienced attorney and file a suit immediately after the accident. This allows for evidence to be readily available, and any witnesses who may have been present can give fresh statements so that crucial details aren’t left out.
What Should I Do After Getting into a Wreck in Goose Creek?
We understand that you may not know what to do in the chaos after an accident. There are a few steps that you can take that will help you when you file a legal claim. We are here to help, but we can better serve you with this information.
After a wreck, try to remember to:
- Call 911 and report the accident
- Don’t apologize. It’s often used to admit fault later on by insurance companies and even in court.
- Document the crash if possible. Take videos and pictures of the scene, property damage, and injuries sustained. Also, gather any evidence from the scene that you can.
- See a doctor. This will help document what injuries you suffered due to the accident. Keep all records of treatments and money spent out of pocket related to your injuries.
- Refuse any early settlement offers. They will try to get you to settle early to protect their client and save money.
- Don’t provide a recorded statement without first speaking with an experienced attorney.
By following these steps, you are protecting yourself and giving us the evidence we need to fight for you properly. Call us to schedule your free consultation.
Your Trusted Goose Creek Car Accident Lawyers Are Standing By
We know that car accidents happen. That doesn’t make them less impactful on your life. No one can know when or if it may happen to you, but we can help if it does. The car accident attorneys at Mickelsen Dalton are skilled at fighting for their clients in Goose Creek. We understand that your comfort depends on our success in dealing with insurance companies and our ability to get you what you deserve. Contact us today for your free consultation, and let us help.