Florence Bicycle Accident Attorney
Bicyclists are at higher risk of serious injury when struck by motor vehicles. This is in large part due to the size and weight disparity of the vehicles and the unprotected nature of the rider. Catastrophic injuries are more likely for cyclists, even with proper safety gear use. Victims that are involved in bicycle accidents often face more life-altering injuries.
At Mickelsen Dalton, our attorneys can help Florence bicycle accident victims recover damages from short or long-term injuries. We understand how these injuries can change how you live and they might affect you for the rest of your life.
We fight for those who may not be able to fight for themselves, letting them heal or grieve in peace without the added stress of dealing with insurance companies. Call us now for your free consultation.
What Kind of Damages Are Available to Bicycle Accident Victims?
When you are the victim of a bicycle accident, you may be entitled to damages. Damages help restore your life as close to normal while compensating for how the incident and injuries impacted your life. You may be entitled to damages if you experienced:
- Medical treatment
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Nursing care
- Other out-of-pocket expenses related to your injuries
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship
We’ll Fight for Compensation for All of Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
We help you recover compensation for your bicycle accident injuries.
Some common injuries we see are:
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Bruises and lacerations
- Spinal injuries or paralysis
- Internal injuries
If you or a loved one has been involved in a bicycle accident, contact our law offices and let us see how we can help you.
What Should I Do After Getting into a Bicycle Accident in Florence?
When you are involved in a bicycle accident, the steps you should take following the accident are the same as those after an auto accident. Following the recommended steps will help you record any evidence that may be lost if you wait. However, get medical care immediately if you are injured because you’re at higher risk of severe neck, head, and spine injuries.
- Report the accident. Call 911 and report the accident.
- Do not apologize. Doing so could be used as proof of fault.
- Document the accident. Take photos of the scene, injuries, and damage to your bicycle, if you can.
- Seek medical care. This will help to document any injuries that you acquired during the accident. In a bicycle accident, always seek medical care.
- Refuse early settlement offers. These offers may not cover all your damages. The adjuster is trained to get you to accept offers they know are low to save money.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company without first speaking to an attorney.
The Florence injury attorneys at Mickelsen Dalton are ready to help answer all your accident-related insurance questions.
Your Trusted Florence Bicycle Accident Lawyers Are Standing By
Mickelsen Dalton believes in fighting for the Florence bicycle accident victims. We understand the importance of having an experienced attorney fighting for you. We offer free consultations. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Schedule your free consultation now.